Tipping Point Partners has a high-growth opportunity for a great Accountant and Human Resources Administrator. We are seeking a full-time superstar to help manage our financial and personnel activities, keep our ‘trains running on time,’ and work closely with our portfolio companies in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. This position will play a critical role in allowing us to build our business; we promise hard work, awesome obstacles, thrilling victories, and great satisfaction, alongside a supportive, fun-loving and smart team.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in accounting/bookkeeping
• Self-starter with fierce organizational capabilities
• Obsessively detail-oriented, unafraid of numbers, with exceptional analytical skills
• Common sense, limitless curiosity, sense of humor and an appreciation for the absurd
• Roll-up-the-sleeves problem solver also not afraid to ask for help
• Familiarity with Quickbooks accounting software
• Passionate about technology, and excited by the prospect of working with tech startups
• Perform bookkeeping, including invoicing and bill-paying
• Perform monthly close activities, including bank and account reconciliations
• Maintain financial books and records
• Administer personnel benefits and process payroll
• Assist with budgeting and financial modeling
Tipping Point Partners is a New York-based technology incubator focused on the application of social technologies to make large organizations more efficient and effective. Our portfolio falls into four categories: Twenty-first Century Enterprise, Tastemaking, Public Service, and Democracy. Since 2005, Tipping Point Partners’ unique approach to startups has included co-founding, interim management, deal-making, financing, investing and strategy, generally all at the same time.
In one page or less, tell us how you embody the qualities listed above, and describe a situation in which you brought these qualities to the table to solve a problem or make a difference. Please include this with your cover letter, resume and anything that you think will help us get to know you and what you can do, in an email to email@example.com, cc’ing firstname.lastname@example.org.