We are enlarging our space in New York City and hope you can recommend startups that could contribute energy, intelligence and humor to our growing community of startup tech entrepreneurs. We would be especially interested in startups building social media or socially-responsible ventures around a strong engineering culture.
We do not view this as a way for us to add client or portfolio companies. It's a way to build a strong common culture around a set of shared values and top-notch resources that is intended to allow entrepreneurs to focus on building their companies in a social environment of other entrepreneurs doing the same thing. To augment that effort, we will contribute ad hoc advice and access to our network as well as social activities.
We will be adding 4 sunny, enclosed rooms with unobstructed views over Tribeca rooftops. Each room could house up to 4-6 people. We also have a handful of single desks in an open plan configuration. All share the following, included without extra charge:
* 3 conference rooms
* large lounge with frequent social events
* full T-1
* incoming/outbound fax
* high-speed color copier/printer/scanner
* full kitchen
* 24/7/365 air conditioning/heat
* backup generator in case of municipal power failure
* modern elevators
* 1-2 blocks from express trains, including A, C, E, J, M, N, R, W, Z, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
* 10-20 minutes door-to-door to anywhere in midtown
* dozens of restaurants/bars within a 5-minute walk
The following is available for an additional charge:
* Cisco IP phones on Covad's network
Two rooms are $2500 each per month for up to 4 people. Two corner rooms with amazing views are available for $4000 each per month for up to 6 people. Each individual desk in our open plan area is $725 per month. One-year commitment on rooms. 3-month commitment on desks. Security deposit required. No hidden charges. Available July 1.